by William Hill | Apr 11, 2023 | Morning Devotional
The Morning Devotional for April 11, 2023
The Westminster Confession of Faith 11.6
VI. The justification of believers under the Old Testament was, in all these respects, one and the same with the justification of believers under the New Testament.a
by William Hill | Apr 25, 2017 | Daily Roundup
Here are the items and resources for April 25, 2017:
- FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME — “In a time when the church had lost sight of the fundamentals of the gospel, God used a humble monk named Martin Luther to bring about the greatest revival in church history. When he posted his Ninety-Five Theses, Luther became the unwitting catalyst of the Reformation and a champion of the doctrine of justification by faith alone. Post Tenebras Lux, composed by Jeff Lippencott, takes the listener on a musical journey of the highlights of Martin Luther’s life. Written in three movements, this piece moves from the coldness of the Middle Ages and the dominance of the Roman Catholic Church to the glory of Luther’s rediscovery of the gospel and the spread of the Reformation throughout Europe.This symphonic work celebrates the five-hundredth anniversary of the Reformation, and Ligonier Ministries presents it with the hopes that God would use it to encourage listeners that even in the midst of darkness, the light has come.”
- Eight Prayers to Pray for Your Pastor — Most of these are obvious. The question is: Do you pray for your pastor?
- The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts — This site is probably only useful to people who understand these things.
- The Uniqueness of Christian Service — A useful article written by David Wells.
- Themelios 42.1 has been released — in this volume, there are articles on promises, Rom. 8:36, book reviews and more.
- This is not the iPhone8 — a possible rendering of the new iPhone. While I am on the subject, please note that the new iPhone might be delayed by two months.
- 35 most useful Alexa skills — if you own an Amazon Echo, then you may want to try these out.
- If you bought the new Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, you would want to get a case to protect it.
- Goodreads — This social media site is for book lovers. You can add your library, write reviews on books you are reading and keep track of your progress. Consider it the “Facebook” for book lovers. Academia is also an excellent site to find papers of all kinds.
- “Since the creation of the RSS format in 1999, there has been a dedicated user base for the format, and as a result a wide variety of programs to choose from, for PC, Mac, and Mobile devices alike. With the end of the Google Reader RSS program back in 2013, there has been an expansion of options for those still inclined to use RSS as a news feed. Here, we take a look at five of the best options for RSS readers for 2017.”
- If you use a streaming option, such as Roku, Apple TV, Google, etc. you will want to check out Plex. If you have an old laptop or desktop computer, you can set up your media streaming option and add the app to your streamer to watch or listen on your TV. Additionally, you can listen to your media library on the go with the Plex App for Android or iOS. Take a look at plex.tv. Set up is very easy. I am planning on writing a review and “how to” article soon about this service.