Here are the items and resources of interest for May 2, 2017:
- 9 Changes Dying Churches Must Make Immediately — this is an interesting read.
- I have never been a big fan of using electronic devices during worship services. It seems to me that the temptation to do other things, like surf Facebook or the internet is too high. That may be my issue, but it is an issue. This article mentions that as well as others. Very informative.
- When Depression Descends, Do The Next Thing — audio and transcript of a 7 min segment of a 2008 sermon by John Piper.
- Sabbath Rest — Article by Sinclair Ferguson.
- How should a pastor treat his wife? — Good advice from the pen of Samuel Miller.
- Book Giveaway — Dr. Ryan McGraw’s book Knowing the Trinity will be given away by Meet the Puritans. Deadline May 12th.
- Domino’s is making us lazier — Some of the things you can do with Dominos and IFTTT.
- Twitter is getting a 24-hours news channel — it will be made by Bloomberg. Read more here.
- Sending a text using Windows 10 — this is an old article, but it describes the methods. You can use Cortana and simply say “Hey Cortana” and then “Send a Text” and follow the prompts -or- you can click start, type “send a text” and follow the prompts. It may require that you have Cortana installed on your phone: Android | Apple
- Since I brought up Cortana, here is a list of useful tips and tricks for that Windows 10 feature.
- I have said goodbye to three dogs over the course of my life. I can tell you that it was tough, so much so that I could not bear to be in the room when my canine friends breathed their last breath. This article is excellent and explains why it is so hard.