Daily Roundup for December 21, 2020
Here are the items and resources of interest for December 21, 2020:
NOTE: If you are interested in receiving my monthly newsletter, please fill out the information at the bottom of the page. If you are profiting (maybe a little bit) from this daily release, please consider sharing it across the social media networks. Thanks!
- Why Does It Matter That Jesus Was Born of a Virgin? An article written by Kevin Deyoung.
- An excellent article by Kyle Borg on images of Christ. We see them often, especially this time of the year. From the article:
As scenic and nostalgic as the nativity scene may be the fact that the Jesus, the Word of God, was made man doesn’t entitle us to make pictures of him. To do so actually detracts from the true meaning — not of Christmas — but of the incarnation. It cheapens the sublime and practical truth of the God-man. Christ wasn’t manifest in the flesh to give us sentimental feelings or a mantle centerpiece. No, the eternal Son of God took to himself human nature that we might have the knowledge of the glory of God revealed and interpreted in the face of Jesus Christ. So, I say with seasonal cheerfulness: “Away with the manger!”
- The Athanasian Creed — An article written by Justin Holcomb
- Eight Reasons Christian Holidays Should Not Be Observed.
- PODCAST: A Critical Edition of the Westminster Confession of Faith. This podcast is produced by the Reformed Forum.
- PC MAG describes some new features for Amazon Alexa.
- By now, you have heard of the COVID-19 mutation that has broken out in the UK. Here is why you shouldn’t panic, at least according to CNET.
- The best car glass cleaners, according to CNET.