Here are the items and resources of interest for October 16, 2019:
NOTE: If you are interested in receiving my monthly newsletter, please fill out the information at the bottom of the page.
- This is a very helpful list of twelve things a church pastor cannot do. I need to remind myself of some of these, often.
- Laziness is profoundly unChristian — An article written by David Mathis.
- What is the great gain of godliness? An article written by Denny Burk.
2Teach and urge these things. 3If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, 5and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.6But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. 8But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
—1 Timothy 6:2–10
- Patience and maturity — An article written by Gabriel Williams.
- How to split your screen in Windows 10 [DIGITAL TRENDS]
- How to install fonts in Windows 10 [DIGITAL TRENDS]
- Hidden Android settings that you should know [POPULAR SCIENCE]