Here are the items and resources of interest for November 5, 2019:
NOTE: If you are interested in receiving my monthly newsletter, please fill out the information at the bottom of the page.
- A thought-provoking article on what may be coming very soon to a church near you. [Erwin Lutzer]
- This looks like a useful teaching tool: The Books of the Bible at a Glance.
- Suffer in Hope. Written by one of my professors at Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary. [Dr. C.N. Wilborn]
I often tell our church children—kindergartners through college students—that they think they are going to live forever, but, I faithfully add, “You are not!” In fact, I say, you are going to die, and you may even suffer physically before you die. You certainly will suffer emotionally. We all suffer in some way at some time in our lives. We may suffer physical hardship, deprivation of physical goods, and/or emotional distress, and this sometimes because of our faith. Our Lord said: “In the world you have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Tribulation includes suffering.
- The Fruit and Root of Slander — few things are more destructive in the life of the church then than this sin. [Josh Buice]
- Microsoft Edge gets a new logo. Take a look and decide if you like it or you don’t. [PC MAG]
- How to block robocalls and spam calls — These calls are most annoying, and this article will help you deal with them. [PC MAG]
- The best hidden iPhone and iPad features. [CNET]
- Cutting the cable? You should read this article from CNET to get the best of the available streaming services.