Here are the items and resources of interest for November 21, 2018:
NOTE: If you are interested in receiving my monthly newsletter, please fill out the information at the bottom of the page.
- 14 Surprising Facts About Pastors — An article by Josh Weidmann. Many of these are very accurate. From the article:
We often hear more negative than positive feedback. People assume pastors get praised often for their good sermons. Not true. We hear complaints often and more readily than we hear compliments. Healthy pastors can live without a lot of compliments (at least they should be able to) but the reality is we often hear much more negative than positive feedback on the preaching, worship service, theological points, etc…
- This article may not be “theological,” but it does convey some things facing our culture. According to Newsweek, the number of witches is rising as millennials reject Christianity.
- A good article by Kevin DeYoung regarding the possibility of making the family an idol.
- Being thankful in all circumstances is a command according to Nick Batzig.
- 10 Gadgets to Keep You Warm This Winter — at least according to PCMAG.
- Walmart’s Black Friday tech deals.
- Everyone has heard of the warnings regarding using public WiFi at hotels and airports. An article written by Brian Barrett argues that it is much safer than it used to be.
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard — This article is of interest to me because I used to live in that area.
- Here are the Amazon Black Friday deals that you can get now.
** The Daily Roundup is published Monday-Friday at 9 AM ET **
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.