Here are the items and resources of interest for March 26, 2018:
- Some people are probably not aware of this, but the sin of gossip is a grievous one and has the potential to destroy lives. The following articles discuss this issue.
- How to Shut Down Gossip — An article by Erik Raymond.
- 10 Ways Church Leaders May Cultivate Gossip Resistance. An article by Paul Tautges.
- Slander in the Camp — An article by Tim Lane.
- The Word-less Church — From the article by Robert Godfrey:
What has gone wrong? At the heart of the mess is a simple phenomenon: the churches seem to have lost a love for and confidence in the Word of God. They still carry Bibles and declare the authority of the Scriptures. They still have sermons based on Bible verses and still have Bible study classes. But not much of the Bible is actually read in their services. Their sermons and studies usually do not examine the Bible to see what it thinks is important for the people of God. Increasingly they treat the Bible as tidbits of poetic inspiration, of pop psychology, and of self-help advice. Congregations where the Bible is ignored or abused are in the gravest peril. Churches that depart from the Word will soon find that God has departed from them.
- Ten Things You Should Know About Sex — An article by Paul David Tripp.
- Does Church Membership Really Matter? A video (with transcript) by Tim Challies.
- Five Things That Keeping Churches From Change — In my experience as a minister I have witnessed some of these issues as articulated by the author, Ed Stetzer.
- Basic Reading in Church History: Suggestions for the Beginner — This article is written by Dr. Benjamin Shaw of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
- If you have a Roku you might want to check out this article.
- If your phone ever gets stolen, you should do these things.
- Thirteen things you should always keep in your car.
** The Daily Roundup is published Monday-Friday at 9 AM ET **
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.