Here are the items and resources of interest for July 4, 2017:
- Nick Napier, a friend, and graduate of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary writes a helpful and though provoking article.
What is wrong with this? Why is it wrong to “hearken back” to when things were simpler and outwardly more “noble?” Why is it wrong to fantasize that you were born in/live in medieval or Victorian or Edwardian Eras? (For whatever reason, these seem to be the two of which I see most Christian pining.) What is wrong with longing for a bonnet and suspended trousers? Well, there are several reasons Christians should not romanticize time periods or particular cultures:
- New books you should know — a list compiled by The Gospel Coalition.
- Russia behind GoldenEye attack — a report from Cnet.com.
- The hidden mouse on your iPhone — did you know about that?
- 13 secret codes that unlock secret features on your smartphone — Before you do them, read carefully. From PCMAG.
- A good article regarding making your home a “smart home.” — From PCMAG. My home is mostly a smart home now, with Amazon Echo controlling a number of lights with full automation and voice control.
- Top tech websites — at least according to one blogger’s opinion. You decide.
- It is the 4th of July so this article should be of interest to someone.
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.