REMINDER: Subscribe to The Parchment by registering here, and you will get updates on articles and posts directly in your email. Additionally, you can subscribe to the monthly newsletter to receive updates on the ministry at Fellowship Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Newport TN as well as happenings around the Hill home. The newsletter registration is easy and located at the bottom of this post.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 26, 2017:
- Control Your Sexuality — Blogger Tim Challies weighs in on the subject.
- The Westminster Confession of Faith Journal Edition — if you want the Confession in a format that allows you to take notes for each section, this is for you. I do the same thing, but I use One Note for my comments and thoughts.
- My friend, Geoff Gleason of CliffwoodPresbyterian Church continues his series through the PCA ad interim study report. This time he deals with recommendation #7
- In light of an upcoming article “Rethinking Seminary Training,” I have started gathering various articles from around the internet on the subject. David Wells, as usual, writes an informed piece.
- Carl Trueman writes an interesting article “Our Cultural Waterloo.” Read it. Do you think he is correct?
- We are losing our children to the world. The statistics do not lie. I wonder if it is because we do not teach our children the Bible. Read this article from Jon Nielson as he gives some helpful tips to do that important work.
- Google has rolled out the last developer preview for Android O — from Tech Times. Maybe you can’t wait for the public release. If that is the case, then check out this article.
- iPhone 8 final design leaked early — according to Value Walk.
- Now Facebook is getting in the home speaker game and trying to rival the Amazon Echo and Google home.
- Save money buying books on Amazon — so says The Penny Pincher website. I did not try it, but I will shortly. If you try it drop a note in the comments section.
- An interesting article of 131 actionable items gleaned from various resources.
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.