REMINDER: Subscribe to The Parchment by registering here, and you will get updates on articles and posts directly in your email. Additionally, you can subscribe to the monthly newsletter to receive updates on the ministry at Fellowship Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Newport TN as well as happenings around the Hill home. The newsletter registration is easy and located at the bottom of this post.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 27, 2017:
- Beth Moore is a false teacher. She is, and there is no way around it. This pastor’s wife found out, and she wants you to know about it.
- An excellent resource for studying the Westminster Confession of Faith. Purchase the book when you get it. The book was written by Dr. Chad Van Dixhoorn and the study guide by his wife, Emily. Published by the Banner of Truth.
- This article — No True Religion Without the Fear of God – written by John Murray is worth the time.
- Dr. R. Scott Clark weighs in on the plague called intinction.
- Is same-sex attraction sinful? You read. You decide. I have my own opinion on this subject. What is yours?
- Some you may have noticed that I often use a Banner of Truth image on the Daily Roundup. I do it because I cannot think of a better publishing company out there. They produce high-quality titles with excellence in mind each time. Starting today, I will link each image to a recommended book. You will have to click the picture to find out which one.
- This is another interesting live streaming service for Roku (and desktop). Check out Drizzlecast.
- Five tips to speed up your Mac — from CNET
- Which voice assistant is better? Siri, Google Assistant, or Bixby? Read this article from CNET to find out.
- If you are a Windows Insider, this article will be of interest to you.
- For those without Bluetooth standard on your car — Three ways to add Bluetooth to any car.
- If you use Microsoft Edge, you will want to read this PC MAG article on the best extensions it has to offer (so far).
- Actual books versus e-readers — Interesting article on the subject. You decide.
The debate between paper books and e-readers has been vicious since the first Kindle came out in 2007. Most arguments have been about the sentimental versus the practical, between people who prefer how paper pages feel in their hands and people who argue for the practicality of e-readers. But now science has weighed in, and the studies are on the side of paper books.
- Some solar eclipse news. The United States will see a solar eclipse (full or partial) on August 21, 2017:
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.