REMINDER: Subscribe to The Parchment by registering here and you will get updates on articles and posts directly in your email. Additionally, you can subscribe to the monthly newsletter to receive updates on the ministry at Fellowship Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Newport TN as well as happenings around the Hill home. The newsletter registration is easy and located at the bottom of this post.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 21, 2017:
- This place looks great (or it will be when it is finished). Opening in the Fall of 2017 is the Museum of the Bible. My wife and I are already talking about visiting. The site is rich with information and even has a LIVE camera of the construction project.
- The Antidote to Anemic Worship — written by Albert Mohler.
- What is the difference between exegesis and exposition? — as a pastor, I do both of these each week, and there is a difference. More resources on the topic of preaching from the Gospel Coalition: The 5 C’s of Preaching a helpful article written by Jared C. Wilson.
- The Usefulness of the Westminster Confession — a video discussion with Nick Batzig and Nate Shurden.
- Ligonier Ministries $5 Friday deals — the full list.
- Some help for my friend Nick Napier as he has a blog and often writes on it. Take a look.
- Do you want Logos Bible Software but cannot afford it? Go here and get the Basic package for free.
- I use Mile IQ to track all of my ministry related drives (home visits, hospital visits, etc.). I do not get reimbursed from my church for these miles, so I need to keep accurate track of all of them so I can submit it to the IRS for tax purposes. It just works. No need to do anything other than to install the app. It automatically keeps tracks of your drives and the miles. You assign each drive a “purpose” under personal our business with the ability to categorize each one to suit your purposes. Give it a try! Free and premium versions available.
- The Galaxy Note 8 is official. It will be released on August 23rd.
- Fous simple note taking extensions for Chrome.
- What’s new in Office 365? Click the link and find out. You may want to get in on the “Office Insider” program. I joined the “slow release” version of the program as opposed to the “fast release” version.
- For my “paranoid: readers who are Facebook Messenger frightened.
- Staying safe online. A security checklist courtesy of CNET.
- For you golf fans, The Open plays this weekend.
The Daily Roundup is published Mon-Fri. See you next week!