Here are the items and resources of interest for July 17, 2017:
- Comfort and Hope for Chronic Sufferers — a book review by
- I suppose I could be called a “workaholic.” The ministry has little to do with it. I have always worked long hours and have rarely avoided it. I was raised to work hard. With that said, the ministry is especially prone to this problem. Speaking of pastors, RE Mel Duncan has written a very good article on the subject of praying for your pastor.
- We have all blown it on this subject — from John Stott.
- One PCA TE’s perspective on the Presbyterian Church in America. I am not sure I concur with some of the sentiments expressed in the article, but I leave it here for your examination.
- A friendly debate I have engaged in at times. According to this article, I have been correct for years.
- An excellent resource on prayer and devotions from Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church.
- A sober read on marriage, adultery, and infidelity.
- Many iPhone users enjoy the freedom of Facetime. However, due to the nature of that app, it will only work for iPhone users. Google Duo is different. It works “cross platform.” That is, an Android user can video chat with an iPhone user. I have used Google Duo, and it works very well. If you get it and you are currently in my contacts list, it will automatically add you to my Duo list. Available on both platforms. Android | iOS
- Speaking of Google Duo, this article from Android Headlines states that it has surpassed 100 million downloads.
- In the interest of fair play, here is an article detailing one user’s breakup with Android. My own experience is nothing like described in the article, and it makes me wonder what people are doing with their devices, but I leave it here for your enjoyment.
- If you are a WhatsApp user, you will want to read this article.
- Garry Kasparov is coming back to chess and will be offering a teaching series as well.
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.