REMINDER: Subscribe to The Parchment by registering here, and you will get updates on articles and posts directly in your email. Additionally, you can subscribe to the monthly newsletter to receive updates on the ministry at Fellowship Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Newport TN as well as happenings around the Hill home. The newsletter registration is easy and located at the bottom of this post.
Here are the items and resources of interest for January 1, 2018:
- How To Betray Your Wife, Destroy Her Self-Worth, And Implode Your Marriage In One Easy Step — Read the article.
- Theology matters and this article by Stephen Wellum explains why.
- The New Year has begun and if you are like most people you have landed on a Bible reading plan for 2018. My wife and I are reading through the TableTalk plan published by Ligonier Ministries. It can be found in the monthly TableTalk publication as well as on YouVersion.
- Speaking of the New Year, I encourage my readers to subscribe to This Day in Presbyterian History. As the website states it is a “daily devotional readings in Scripture, the Westminster Standards, & Presbyterian history.” I have been a subscriber for years and I save every post in my OneNote notebook. The posts are authored by the PCA Historical Center.
- From the personal notes: I have released my own set of reading goals, complete with a bibliography. If you are interested in the books I am planning on reading in 2018 you can see the list here.
- Ars Technica has written a guide for Android 8 and iOS 11.
- iPhone battery issues? Read this article and find out what you can do. Lifehacker has an article that goes well with the previous one.
- What happens to all of your online accounts when you die? Read this CNET article.
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.