Here are the items and resources of interest for February 12, 2018:
- Sex before marriage is still a sin and In our day, this issue is one that needs to be revisited.
- A question I often receive from members of the church is “what Bible translation do you use?” This article from Dr. Benjamin Shaw is helpful.
- This series of articles on expository preaching is something I am looking forward to reading. Here is part one written by Ed Stetzer. AS the new editions are released, I will be adding them to the Roundup. Additionally, I am working on my own article on preaching titled: Why the church needs experimental preaching. From the article:
I preach through books of the Bible not because that method is mandated or modeled in the Bible, but instead because of what the Bible is. Because the Bible is the Word of God without error and inspired throughout, it requires us to treat the words, phrases, and sentences accordingly. Thus, the Bible is best taught using an approach to preaching that explains what God has inspired, looking at the words and phrases in the process.
- A chapter a day helps keep the foolishness away — I have used this Bible reading method for years and often recommend others to do so as well.
- The Dangers of a Digital Babylon — A sermon preached by Dr. David Murray. Audio and video available at the link. NOTE: I have not reviewed the sermon, but I do trust the preacher.
- For those who use the Nestle-Aland Greek text with the critical apparatus, this short video will help you understand all those symbols. Additionally, this article may prove helpful for some of my readers.
- Eleven classics every Christian should read — at least in the opinion of Nicholas Davis.
- If you have an iPhone and would like wireless charging read this article from CNET. I have wireless charging on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and love it.
- We search the internet every day and CNET offers 12 tips for better results while using Google.
- Using “Guest mode” on your Android phone.
- Hidden Tricks Inside Windows 10
- I am interested in what type of phone my readers use. Take this poll: [poll id=”3″]
** The Daily Roundup is published Monday-Friday at 9 AM ET. **
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.