Here are the items and resources of interest for April 7, 2017:
- Palm Sunday and Easter — Some pastors wrestle with the question of pausing a series of occasional sermons during this season. Should they do so? This article may help. However, this article gives another view (and a better one in my opinion).
- The Big List of Christian Podcasts — This is a very useful list that appears to be often updated. There are some podcasts I enjoy that are not listed on it such as Confessing Our Hope: The Podcast of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Monergism also has their own list.
- Practical Shepherding Books (digital) — Big Sale going on.
- Why Pastor’s Should Write Well — Take a look at the article and find out the reasons.
- Reformed Resources — Many good books for online reading. Speaking of resources, don’t forget about $5 Friday at Ligonier.
- Looking for a new phone carrier? — Sprint kills the “half your bill” plan for $50 unlimited plans.
- VHS tapes sitting around? — Here’s how to transfer them to digital.
- Chrome Extensions — four (possibly) useful Chrome extensions for those of you who use Chrome.
- Is this what women want? — The Federalist Paper weighs in on the issue of “patriarchy.”
- Are you a writer? — This software looks to be very good. Fewer distractions than when one uses Word.
- Introduction to Classical Music — I prefer to listen to classical music, but I know very little about it. This guide will help.
“Let us not satisfy ourselves with a knowledge of God in the mass; a glance upon a picture never directs you to the discerning the worth and art of it.” — STEPHEN CHARNOCK
The Daily Roundup is a weekly feature of The Parchment. We will see you back here on Monday!
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.