Here are the items and resources of interest for April 5, 2017:
- Through the Bible in 2017 — This website takes the readers through the entire Bible in 2017. You will find good comments and other material as you work through te Scriptures this year.
- Banner of Truth Ministers Conference — If you are a minister of the gospel and are not registered to attend this conference then you are truly missing out. I have been able to attend four conferences and I have always been blessed, encouraged, edified, and strengthened as a result.
- The Collected Works of John Piper — Do you enjoy the ministry and preaching of John Piper? You will want to take a look at this offering from Crossway. Be warned, it is pricey!
- Need some ebooks? This is the UNOFFICIAL TGC17# National Conference list.
- How to Understand and Apply God’s Word — Two volumes at a greatly reduced rate.
- How Should I Benefit From Communion? — Dr. Ian Hamilton weighs in on this very important topic. “At a time when Reformed churches are taking the celebration and frequency of the Lord’s Supper more seriously, the question ‘How should I benefit from Communion?’ is timely.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 — I have preordered this new smartphone that will be released this month. It is a powerhouse, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB machine that will allow me to do much more than I am able with my current phone. On top of that, it runs Android 7 and will be able to move to 8 when it is released.
- BeyondPod — if you use an Android, this is the podcast player you want to get. It can sort and organize all of your podcasts with the added functionality of streaming instead of downloading episodes. That feature allows you to save precious space on your phone.
- Need a smartphone or tablet mount for your car? — I have not tried this product, but it appears to be a well-made device for mounting your electronic devices in your car. Take a look at Nato Smart Mount.
- Evernote or OneNote? — Many of you know that I am a power user of One Note. However, my wife has been using Evernote for quite a while. Which one is better for you? Take a look at this article.
- Kindle Paperwhite — I have never been a big fan of reading on an electronic device. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by the ability of this device to overcome that long-time deficiency. Easy to hold and easy on the eyes.
- Watching Netflix offline — This tip may be helpful for travelers and those who are in areas that do not have Wi-Fi or a good data signal. Now you can download the movies directly to your device (like a tablet) and watch them offline. Helpful addition. Win10 App only.
- Twitter is intercepted by Amazon — the Twitter experiment of streaming LIVE NFL games this past season has been sacked by Amazon who paid $50 million to grab the service for the 2017-18 season. It will be streamed to Amazon Prime subscribers.
We must not expect all believers in Christ to be exactly like one another. We must not set down others as having no grace, because their experience does not entirely tally with our own. The sheep in the Lord’s flock have each their own peculiarities. The trees in the Lord’s garden are not all precisely alike. All true servants of God agree in the principal things of religion. All are led by one Spirit. All feel their sins, and all trust in Christ. All repent, all believe, and all are holy. But in minor matters they often differ widely. Let not one despise another on this account. There will be Martha’s and there will be Mary’s in the Church until the Lord comes again.
~ J.C. Ryle