Here are the items and resources for April 24, 2017:
- Home is the Front Lines of Christian Living — Article by Chap Bettis. He is the author of The Disciple-Making Parent: A Guidebook for Raising Your Children to Love and Follow Jesus Christ. He is also a frequent conference speaker and executive director of The Apollos Project, a ministry dedicated to helping families pass the gospel to their children. For 25 years previous, he was lead pastor of a New England church plant. He and his wife, Sharon, have four children and reside in Rhode Island. You can find him on Twitter or blogging at TheApollosProject.com.
- When Suffering Doesn’t Make Sense —
There can be an apparent disconnect, at least in the short term, between a person’s spiritual life and their outward circumstances. Sometimes evil people prosper while godly people may face enormous suffering (Psalm 73). Turning to the Lord is not a quick fix for all our difficulties. It may bring on greater difficulties. Ultimately, the Lord promises that His people will “dwell in the house of the Lord forever” (Psalm 23:6). Are you suffering despite your obedience to God? Plod on in faith. May God give you grace as you await your eternal home.
- Praying for your families in the local church — A Useful article.
- The Death of the Smartphone — ZDNeth thinks it is closer than you think. I don’t. However, even if it is, the next thing is not so great in my opinion.
- If you use Google Chrome, these are the best extensions that Tom thinks you need. Article by John Corpuz. You can also check out this list of the best Chrome extensions.
Subscribe To The Newsletter of Bill and Gwen Hill: The Hill Report
Stay in touch with Bill and Gwen. Updates are sent once a month and contain news, praise and prayer requests about the church and the family.