Here are the items and resources for April 20, 2017:
- Reformed Perspective — A magazine for the Christian family. I have not reviewed it, but I did see it recommended elsewhere so I thought I would offer it to my readers.
- Ten Questions for Pastors and Polemics — Kevin DeYoung employs fifteen years of pastoral ministry in writing this helpful article. The temptation to jump into every denominational battle is real, especially for a rookie minister. I know that I have given into it a few times (okay, maybe more than a few!). This article offers wise advice to think through before engaging the next issue on Facebook, Twitter, or on the floor of presbytery or General Assembly.
- Book Suggestion: 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You — I have not read it, but it looks inviting. The forward is by John Piper. I don’t know if the author will address this issue regarding smartphones, but I have lost track of the number of times I see people in a restaurant, sitting across from one another, with their faces glued to their smartphone. I have done it too many times. Smartphones, if not wisely used, make one very anti-social. Ponder the irony of that statement. You can read a sample of the book here.
- I received my new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus yesterday but have not activated it yet because I am waiting for my case and screen protector to arrive. Here is a review of the phone [with video].
- Everything Coming and Going on Netflix — each month Netflix adds and removes movies, TV shows, etc. from their lineup. This article reviews the May 2017 list.
- Are you looking for a new laptop? You will want to read this list of the best of 2017.
- Have you ditched Cable or Satellite TV for a streaming option? Check out this list of the best streamers out there.