Here are the items and resources of interest for July 17, 2017:
- Many iPhone users enjoy the freedom of Facetime. However, due to the nature of that app, it will only work for iPhone users. Google Duo is different. It works “cross platform.” That is, an Android user can video chat with an iPhone user. I have used Google Duo, and it works very well. If you get it and you are currently in my contacts list, it will automatically add you to my Duo list. Available on both platforms. Android | iOS
- Speaking of Google Duo, this article from Android Headlines states that it has surpassed 100 million downloads.
- In the interest of fair play, here is an article detailing one user’s breakup with Android. My own experience is nothing like described in the article, and it makes me wonder what people are doing with their devices, but I leave it here for your enjoyment.
- If you are a WhatsApp user, you will want to read this article.
Here are the items and resources of interest for June 19, 2017:
- The Scars That Have Shaped Me: How God Meets Us in Suffering — So many people are dealing with great suffering. That is the nature of sin and living in a fallen world. Regardless, it is hard. This new book from Vaneetha Rendall Risner is highly recommended. Be sure to watch the 9-minute video of her life.
- For parents that are broken hearted over wayward children, this brief article from Desiring God Ministries may be helpful.
- There are likely to be many articles written on the recent PCA General Assembly. This one, however, is very good.
- Productivity tips for the busy pastor — You may not agree with all of these, and you may have your own, but these are a good start.
- A reformed guide to classical music — I enjoy classical music and often have it on while I work and study. This is a helpful article written by John Brentnall.
- Don’t forget the Bible in pastoral counseling — an article written by Jay Sanders.
Twenty-one surgeries by age thirteen. Years in the hospital. Verbal and physical bullying from schoolmates. Multiple miscarriages as a young wife. The death of a child. A debilitating progressive disease. Riveting pain. Abandonment. Unwanted divorce.
Vaneetha Rendall Risner begged God for grace that would deliver her. But God offered something better: his sustaining grace.
Find the full resource at http://www.desiringgod.org/vaneetha
Here are the items and resources for May 3, 2017:
- The SELF Journal — I am an organization nut and this journal looks very good and very helpful.
- Do you enjoy taking naps? This article may interest you.