Here are the items and resources of interest for October 11, 2019:
NOTE: If you are interested in receiving my monthly newsletter, please fill out the information at the bottom of the page.
- A helpful article for pastor’s wives.
- Westminster Bookstore is giving away books. Enter to win!
- Torn between two cultures? — an article written by Dr. Al Mohler.
- The Puritan documentary is available. Read more about it here and see a trailer.
- Beto O’Rourke is currently running for the Democratic nomination for the office of President of the United States. According to this article, he says that churches that oppose same-sex marriage will lose their tax-exempt status. Frankly, he has no chance of winning the nomination. However, that does not change the trajectory of things in the United States. The idea he is promoting will be fast-tracked, and it will come to our churches sooner rather than later.
- For those of you who are searching for the best task list, there are many options available. The Microsoft version has just received an update. In case you are wondering, I am using Todoist. Google tasks also received an update. Next week I will be writing a review of Todoist.
- I have been experimenting with “mind-mapping” and Lifehacker has given a list of the best tools in this area for 2019.
- Charging our devices is a way of life. This cable will charge your iPhone from 0-80 percent in under an hour. Read more here.
- Honey – I have been using this browser extension for quite some time. It will save you money when you make purchases on the internet by scanning for discount codes that you probably do not know exits. It will convert your savings into “honey gold” that you can redeem for gift cards to popular stores, including Walmart and Amazon. You should use it. I now have enough honey gold to get over $50 in gift cards at Amazon. PRICE: Free. Risk: None. Benefit: You save money wherever you shop online. It is silly not to try it.
- Phone battle: The Samsung Galaxy S10+ vs. the OnePlus 7T Pro.