REMINDER: Subscribe to The Parchment by registering here and you will get updates on articles and posts directly in your email. Additionally, you can subscribe to the monthly newsletter to receive updates on the ministry at Fellowship Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Newport TN as well as happenings around the Hill home. The newsletter registration is easy and located at the bottom of this post.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 24, 2017:
- For you Samsung users: one of the nice apps that I have discovered is Samsung Sidesync. This app, combined with the PC or MAC version will allow you to access your phone right from your laptop or desktop. It is a simple setup, but if you need help there is a video you can watch. You can drag and drop files from PC to your device (and vice-versa). You can also send text messages directy from your laptop or desktop as well. In short, whatever you can do with your phone you can also do on the PC or MAC as it is connected to your phone. The app: Android
- A REMINDER about MileIQ, an app I use every day to track my miles used for ministerial purposes. It works automatically. No need to write down miles (or remember to do so). You can use it for all business travel and classify each drive accordingly. Get it for Android or iOS.
- When I was in seminary it seemed that the idea of a standing desk was a big deal. This article by CNET tells you about five things to consider before making that move.
- Now you can use a wallet to charge your phone. I doubt that this will catch on.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 10, 2017:
The Lord does not teach us to pray in a classroom. He teaches us to pray on a battlefield.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 7, 2017:
The 2017 Summer Pastors’ Institute will focus on the preaching of God’s Word. Designed as an interactive workshop, Let Your Progress be Evident to All will include examination of the sermons of ten effective preachers throughout church history. Dr. Joseph A. Pipa, Jr. will lead the class, and the template for discussion will be selections out of R.L. Dabney’s Evangelical Eloquence.
- I love the game of chess and have watched Garry Kasparov play many matches. I only wished I lived closer to St. Louis to watch in person. By the way, I play many correspondence games on chess.com. My username is mdivman if you want to look me up, friend me, and play live or correspondence games. Chess.com is free, but there are premium options as well. They hold many live and correspondence tournaments as well. Great place to play!
- Each month I attempt to send out a newsletter of news, prayer requests, and praise reports. At times, I do a video report. If you are interested in receiving it, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page. At most, you will receive 1-2 emails a month.
The Daily Roundup is published Mon-Fri. See you next week!