Here are the items and resources of interest for May 1, 2017:
- Five Mistakes Small Churches Are Likely to Make — from Christianity Today.
- Children at the Lord’s Supper? — This is a useful article gleaned from Bavinck.
- Some people refuse to be encouraged. I have met some that have that problem. You try and try, and try to encourage them and they simply refuse to accept it, graciously. This article Refusing to Be Encouraged is helpful on that subject.
- Should we preach like the Puritans? Dr. Joel Beeke says NO and he also says YES. Read them in order, starting with NO.
- Starting with this edition of the Daily Roundup I will be offering Kindle Deals (probably not every day, but often). Today’s Kindle deal is about a subject that is vitally important: hospitality.
- Can’t We Please Talk About Something Else?! — One woman’s perspective on the subject that is getting much attention in the PCA.
Here are the items and resources of interest for April 27, 2017:
Here are the items and resources for April 26, 2017:
- Eight Sins You Commit Whenever You Look at Porn — “We know that pornography is an ugly and harmful sin. We know that those who indulge in porn have committed the sin of lust, but there is so much more to it than that. When you open your browser and begin to look at those images and videos, you are sinning in ways that go far beyond lust. Here are 8 sins you commit when you look at porn.” The article was written by Tim Challies.
- Scripture Memory — Sadly, many Christians do not memorize the Word of God. That leaves you defenseless against the onslaught of Satan. Scripture Memory is not difficult, but it does take effort. This article offers some useful tips.
- The Regulative Principle of “Liturgical Sameness?” — I offer this article as food for thought not because I necessarily agree with the arguments made. With that said, here is another perspective authored by Terry Johnson.
- Radical Hospitality — This Christianity Today article is designed to provoke radical action in the area of hospitality.
- Something for the ladies — To Be Discreet. Written by a wife of an OPC minister.
Here is a list of some of the titles I am planning on writing on The Parchment. The dates are listed here for information. It is my intention to write each article in order, Lord willing.
Updated: June 19, 2017
June 23, 2017 — Pastoring a Small Church
June 30, 2017 — Why Don’t You Call Me “Pastor?”
July 7, 2017 — The Difference Between Preaching and Lecturing: The Necessity of Application in a Sermon
July 14, 2017 — The Lazy Generation
July 21, 2017 — Serving Others: The Joy of Hospitality
July 28, 2017 — The Sad Side Effect of “Superstar” Preachers
August 4, 2017 — Lessons and Observations After One Year of Ministry.