Here are the items and resources of interest for July 18, 2017:
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 17, 2017:
- Many iPhone users enjoy the freedom of Facetime. However, due to the nature of that app, it will only work for iPhone users. Google Duo is different. It works “cross platform.” That is, an Android user can video chat with an iPhone user. I have used Google Duo, and it works very well. If you get it and you are currently in my contacts list, it will automatically add you to my Duo list. Available on both platforms. Android | iOS
- Speaking of Google Duo, this article from Android Headlines states that it has surpassed 100 million downloads.
- In the interest of fair play, here is an article detailing one user’s breakup with Android. My own experience is nothing like described in the article, and it makes me wonder what people are doing with their devices, but I leave it here for your enjoyment.
- If you are a WhatsApp user, you will want to read this article.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 14, 2017:
- Helpful advice and counsel for the first year of pastoring a church. Written by Phil Newton. Additionally, you may want to check out this podcast which discusses the “ten most frequent questions pastors have.” Thom Rainer is the host. The following are the questions:
Where do I begin to lead my church toward revitalization? What do I do about our aging church facilities? How do I handle church financial issues? How do I handle conflict and personnel issues? What is the best leadership structure for a church? What are the best practical ministry tools? How do I establish a vision for my church? How do I deal with power struggles in the church? How do I lead change in the worship services? Can I survive?
- In a few short weeks, my wife and I will be moving to Newport, Tennessee. Our reason for moving is detailed in this post.
- I do not take selfies. I know many do and that is okay. However, if you are not careful it may be costly. Watch this video of the woman who destroyed $200,000 worth of art over a selfie. You can also read the CNET article here.
The Daily Roundup is published Mon-Fri. See you next week!
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 10, 2017:
The Lord does not teach us to pray in a classroom. He teaches us to pray on a battlefield.
Here are the items and resources of interest for June 19, 2017:
- The Scars That Have Shaped Me: How God Meets Us in Suffering — So many people are dealing with great suffering. That is the nature of sin and living in a fallen world. Regardless, it is hard. This new book from Vaneetha Rendall Risner is highly recommended. Be sure to watch the 9-minute video of her life.
- For parents that are broken hearted over wayward children, this brief article from Desiring God Ministries may be helpful.
- There are likely to be many articles written on the recent PCA General Assembly. This one, however, is very good.
- Productivity tips for the busy pastor — You may not agree with all of these, and you may have your own, but these are a good start.
- A reformed guide to classical music — I enjoy classical music and often have it on while I work and study. This is a helpful article written by John Brentnall.
- Don’t forget the Bible in pastoral counseling — an article written by Jay Sanders.