Here are the items and resources of interest for July 12, 2017:
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 4, 2017:
- Nick Napier, a friend, and graduate of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary writes a helpful and though provoking article.
What is wrong with this? Why is it wrong to “hearken back” to when things were simpler and outwardly more “noble?” Why is it wrong to fantasize that you were born in/live in medieval or Victorian or Edwardian Eras? (For whatever reason, these seem to be the two of which I see most Christian pining.) What is wrong with longing for a bonnet and suspended trousers? Well, there are several reasons Christians should not romanticize time periods or particular cultures:
- New books you should know — a list compiled by The Gospel Coalition.
- It is the 4th of July so this article should be of interest to someone.
Here are the items and resources of interest for June 27, 2017:
- The Importance of Being a Pastor’s Wife — a talk given by Michael Kruger at the most recent PCA General Assembly. I have not vetted the audio and only offer it here for information purposes.
- Some new titles at Westminster Bookstore:
- Memrise — I use this free service daily to keep up with my Greek and Hebrew vocabulary. There are many other uses as well.
- A story of one woman’s encounter with pornography.
- Ten ways to cultivate “gossip-resistance.” — an article that all leaders of the church should read. In my experience, some of the biggest gossips are teaching elders/pastors. It should not be that way.
- Kindle Deals for Christians — These resources made available by challies.com.