Here are the items and resources of interest for September 5, 2018:
NOTE: See under “technology” for an item for sale.
- The life of a pastor is not always easy. It is, however, one of slow, steady work. This article, written by Michael Pohlman highlights this aspect (and more) of the ministry.
- Are you looking to add to your book library? The Gospel Coalition has a list.
- Homosexuality and Pastoral Care — the Mortification of Spin podcast.
- The Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel – I signed it. Maybe you should as well.
- Sermon: Preaching the Gospel to Yourself in the Midst of Depression and Anxiety — This resource provided by Dr. David Murray.
- Bible Memory App — I use this app daily in order to memorize Scripture. It is available for Android and iOS.
** The Daily Roundup is published Monday-Friday at 9 AM ET **
- Google’s dominance — an article by CNET. Speaking of Google, take a look at these crazy images caught on their street view feature.
- Eight Important Changes in Google Chrome — The tenth-anniversary edition of Google Chrome (my web browser of choice – I have tried the others) has some important changes. Read the article by PC MAG.
- PC MAG tells you what the TEN best phones are, period.
- Google Chrome 69 is a complete redesign that will roll out to all platforms in September. Read about it here. I am currently running version 69. If you do not see it on your system, go to the three dots in the top right corner of the browser. Select “settings.” and then “about” and then “update.”
- I am selling my Surface Pro 3. It is a Windows 10 home; 64 GB SSD with 4 GB RAM and a 64 GB SD Card. It comes complete with a keyboard cover and Surface Pen. It is in pristine condition. I will not accept any offer below $400, and you will need to pay for the shipping. Images below. Leave a message here if interested.