Here are the items and resources of interest for May 15, 2017:
- Dear Girl, Please Don’t Marry Him — This is an excellent article on a subject every single person needs to hear. The author is correct: if there a significant issues before marriage, they will be worse when married. When I counsel single men in my church, the main thing I tell them is to pray for a godly woman and be a godly man in the meantime. Godly women are not attracted to ungodly men. While we are on this subject, read Al Mohler’s article.
- Stop listening to these people! — The prosperity gospel is a false gospel and it is poisonous. The author of this article doesn;t even scratch the surface of the problems associated with this wolves in sheep’s clothing. Many years ago I had reason to study these people and their doctrines deeply. One word comes to mind: Wicked.
- The Eternal Subordination of the Son — the debate continues. This article by Wayne Grudem. [Note: I post this article for reference purposes only and for the benefit of those who desire to study the subject] I also suggest these two resources if you are interested in further study:
- Readings in the Reformed Diaconate — This is a great resource and probably long overdue. As a pastor and Teaching Elder in the PCA, I will have occasion to train deacons and this resource will be helpful.
- What Should We Do When They Stray — helpful advice for parents who are dealing with a rebellious son or daughter.
- Should Pastors Use Social Media? — Interesting article. I wonder what others think. I use social media for two main reasons. One, I am informed of many wonderful resources (articles, books, sermons, etc.) through social media that I may not know about if I were not on it. Two, I am a pastor, and I need to know what my congregants are posting. That does not mean I am spying (they do not have to friend me). It just means I take an active interest in their online life.
- Perhaps the biggest problem for Android may get resolved with the next release — Good! It is a long time coming.
- Android Pay adds 71 more banks and institutions.
- Smartphone batteries that will charge in five minutes — That would be outstanding. WE all know that feeling when we see the low battery indicator on our phone.
- Are you looking for an alternative to Microsoft Office? Libre Office may be for you.
- Read this article the next time you decide to complain.