- Subscribe to The Parchment by registering here and you will get updates on articles and posts directly in your email.
- Starting next week — once a week — I will be providing a list of book recommendations on the Daily Roundup. I am not sure which day of the week I will do that, but look for it next week.
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 19, 2017:
- Five passages your pastor wishes you’d stop taking out of context — Helpful article written by Kyle Rohane
- Many parents grieve when their children stray from the faith. This article, written by GPTS graduate and pastor of New Covenant Presbyterian Church Nick Batzig is helpful. On a different subject, Nick helps with the question of why Jesus needed the Holy Spirit.
- Making sense of the terms Protestant and Roman Catholics use — they are the same, but as Gregg Allison points out in this article, they use different dictionaries.
- Store up for yourself treasures in heaven — Randy Alcorn asks if this promotes “legalistic living.”
- Porn is destructive. There is no way around it. Read this article about what porn did to the lives of these people.
- Why Worship on Sunday? O.Palmer Robertson answers the question.
- Google and Facebook: head to head on the issue of “news feeds.”
- The best IFTTT recipes for forgetful people — I have some IFTTT recipes, and I encourage you to take a look at their service (which is FREE).
- You need to have a system for backing up your computer, especially your important documents, pictures, and photos. I use One Drive to sync and store all of my important data. Hard drive failure WILL happen. Have a system that works and read this article about the six things you need to know about backing up your system.
- Removing water stains from wood furniture. It happens to everyone, and this article is helpful in dealing with it.