Here are the items and resources of interest for July 11, 2017:
- Thinking they are more merciful than God — This article, written by PCA minister and TE Todd Pruitt, comments on the conversation that is dominating the PCA on the subject of homosexuality. Included is a lecture offered by Rosaria Butterfield. Since we are on the subject, this article on same-sex attraction is worthy of your time.
In trying to be helpful, many churches have failed, because they have failed to be truthful. They have failed not out of hardness of heart, or lacking of kindness, but in thinking that they are more merciful than God. I shudder to think about how much more rigorous, painful, and dangerous, and difficult my conversion would have been had it taken place in 2016. Rigorous, painful, dangerous, and difficult both for me personally and for my church. … Especially today the PCA is smitten in a stupid way, I’m using a hard word, very stupid way and to their shame, to the gay Christian movement. — Dr. Butterfield.
- I Have Labored To No Purpose — though I have not been in the ministry for a long time, I can identify with the struggle discussed in this article. Written by Mark Johnston.
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Necessity of Biblical Preaching — Sam Storms writes a helpful article which ought to remind and encourage all those who weekly ascend the pulpit to preach God’s Word.
- Recommendation #5 of the PCA Study Committee Report on Women in the Ministry — Geoff Gleason continues his examination of the recommendations offered by the ad interim study committee.
- There is the GREAT WALL of China, and there is the OTHER WALL. Read more about it in this CNET article.
- If you use Microsoft Edge as your browser, you will want to read this article published on Lifehacker.