Here are the items and resources of interest for January 29, 2018:
- When People Leave: The Private Pain of the Small Church Pastor — This is probably one of the best articles I have read on the subject. Written by Karl Vaters.
- This brief article is one that I have experienced in my short time as a minister of the gospel. In light of these things, here are eleven ways you can pray for your pastor (written by Thom Rainer).
- I hate to break it to you, but the purpose of the church is not to “make you happy.” The purpose of a church is worship. That is the point of this article.
- Dr. Beeke has released his “Top Ten Puritan Authors.” Excellent list!
- This weekly reading through Muller’s Post Reformation Reformed Dogmatics should prove helpful.
- Upcoming release from the Banner of Truth — Calvin’s sermons on 1 Timothy. Here is a sneak peek.
- How to lower the volume of your Mac’s startup chime — by CNET
- Some people are worried about identity theft. You should be. Here is an article about how to stay anonymous online.
- What we don’t like about the iPhone X — the “we” is CNET as they hope Apple will rethink some of these issues for the next release.