Here are the items and resources for April 24, 2017:
- Home is the Front Lines of Christian Living — Article by Chap Bettis. He is the author of The Disciple-Making Parent: A Guidebook for Raising Your Children to Love and Follow Jesus Christ. He is also a frequent conference speaker and executive director of The Apollos Project, a ministry dedicated to helping families pass the gospel to their children. For 25 years previous, he was lead pastor of a New England church plant. He and his wife, Sharon, have four children and reside in Rhode Island. You can find him on Twitter or blogging at TheApollosProject.com.
- When Suffering Doesn’t Make Sense —
There can be an apparent disconnect, at least in the short term, between a person’s spiritual life and their outward circumstances. Sometimes evil people prosper while godly people may face enormous suffering (Psalm 73). Turning to the Lord is not a quick fix for all our difficulties. It may bring on greater difficulties. Ultimately, the Lord promises that His people will “dwell in the house of the Lord forever” (Psalm 23:6). Are you suffering despite your obedience to God? Plod on in faith. May God give you grace as you await your eternal home.
- Praying for your families in the local church — A Useful article.
- The Death of the Smartphone — ZDNeth thinks it is closer than you think. I don’t. However, even if it is, the next thing is not so great in my opinion.
- If you use Google Chrome, these are the best extensions that Tom thinks you need. Article by John Corpuz. You can also check out this list of the best Chrome extensions.