“What is the greatest issue facing the church today?” In this clip from the introduction to a sermon entitled “The Maker’s Instructions,” GPTS Board Member and pastor, Dr. Ian Hamilton, suggests an answer appropriate to every generation. This sermon was Dr. Hamilton’s contribution to our 2016 Spring Theology Conference on Marriage, Family, and Sexuality. For the entire message, follow this link: https://youtu.be/6zTrxTtHaqA
Here are the items and resources of interest for July 23, 2018:
- I am always in search of new Bible reading plans. This one may interest you.
- At the PCA General Assembly, there was a report from the Review of Presbytery Records (RPR) that prompted this article by Guy Waters. You may also want to read this article by Dr. Benjamin Shaw of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
- John Owen’s Four Motives for the Pastor’s Prayer Life — this is an excellent, brief article by Andrew Roycroft.
- Everyone Plays a Part in Preaching — an article written by Dr. Ryan McGraw. You can see the entire series on the subject here.
- The ten best portable chargers — one of the best purchases I made for my phone is a portable charger.
- 35 percent of people never change their passwords — an article by PC MAG.
- Are you in the market for a tablet? This article from CNET may help you get the perfect Surface tablet.
** The Daily Roundup is published Monday-Friday at 9 AM ET **
“Using discernment, developing a charitable attitude, and exercising patience under preaching are vital in dealing with the faults of preachers.” – Dr. Ryan McGraw at reformation21 – http://
Ligon Duncan endorses the Valley of Vision and explains why it is so valuable to him. US: banneroftruth.org/us/store/devotionalsdaily-readings/the-valley-of-vision/ UK: banneroftruth.org/uk/store/devotionalsdaily-readings/the-valley-of-vision/
Here are the items and resources of interest for June 18, 2018:
- God Needs Nothing. That’s Why He Can Love You. — An article by Timothy W. Massaro
- The Holiness of God and the Sinfulness of Man — An article by R.C. Sproul.
- The PCA: A Connectional Church? — An article written by Dr. Ben Shaw of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary. While you are on his website, take a look at this article as well.