Dr. Benjamin Shaw of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary at the 2016 GPTS Spring Theology Conference:
Here are the items and resources of interest for October 10, 2017:
- I am a pastor. Most of you know that. My wife is, therefore, a pastor’s wife and she gets credit for finding this “open letter” as a way to encourage her often weary husband. Written by Mike McKinley
- A friend on Facebook shared this lecture series. The topic is often neglected and needs to be often revisited. Lectures by Dr. Nick Willborn
- I love church history, and I am usually reading at least one book on the subject. This article will give you some motivation as to the reasons you should be reading it as well. Written by Psyche Ives
- The church I pastor is now on SermonAudio for those interested in my sermons. In a few days, they will also be available here on The Parchment.
- Preaching and Praying — Mark Johnston is helpful on this subject as it pertains to Gospel progress.
- I use Google Photos exclusively. In my opinion, it is the best way to store your photos because it does not tie up space on your phone. Once the photo is uploaded to the server, you can safely dump it from your device. PC Mag has 25 tricks and tips for you to use if you are using it.
- I am not a fan of anything Apple. Most of my friends know that already. Therefore, I encourage you to switch to Android. Here is how.
- Which one is better? Netflix or Hulu? PC Mag helps you decide.
Here are the items and resources of interest for October 3, 2017:
- How to shorten your sermons — David Murray offers some bits of help on his blog. As one who typically preaches 40-45 minutes sermons, I find these tips to be useful.
- An Act of Pure Evil — Dr. Mohler offers some commentary on the events of Las Vegas.
- Columns from Tabletalk Magazine — The columns from the October edition are available.
- Three Things to NOT Do After You Preach — an article written by Dave Harvey.
- Using Calendars — With the widespread use of smartphones, having your schedule with you at all times is pretty normal these days. Take a look at these calendars add-ons for Google Calendar.
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. Note 8 — a head to head comparison.
- Use your Amazon Echo to make free calls to landlines and cell phones.
Here are the items and resources of interest for October 2, 2017:
- 7 Ways to get the most out of sermons — Every person who listens to sermons should read these and adapt them for their use. These are helpful tips. Written by Nicholas Davis. On this subject, I have written a different type of suggestion.
- On the subject of the ministry, Nick Batzig writes this helpful article.
- 6 Tips for Reading the Bible with your kids — written by David Murray.
- The Most Common Wi-Fi Problems — article published by CNET.
- The new Amazon Echo. What’s the Difference? Article on PCMAG.